GPS Synchronizers - MicroSync
MICROSYNC is the new Microgate GPS synchronizer. It is the state-of-the-art in synchronization systems based on the reception of UTC from the GPS satellite system. MICROSYNC has been created with the dual characteristic of being both a GPS synchronizer and a system with a built-in time base. This feature together with perfect integration with the REI2 stopwatch make it a system that is unique of its kind.
MICROSYNC performs three main functions without requiring any configuration:
- Normal: Once it has been switched on and the signal has been acquired from GPS satellites, every minute MICROSYNC gives a closing signal on the sockets. The synchronization signal is compatible with all the timing devices on the market.
- Synchronizes with REI2: simultaneously with synchronization, on the MICROSYNC serial there will be sent a string with the time and date to which the stopwatch will be synchronized and a following closing contact. No configuration or setting needs to be made, either on MICROSYNC or on REI2.
- Synchronizes the GPS time base with REI:: If enabled, this function allows the stopwatch time base to remain constantly connected up with the MICROSYNC GPS signal, creating a stopwatch aligned with UTC time with an accuracy of +-1 microsec without integral error.
MICROSYNC also makes it possible:
• to set the synchronization period at 10s, 30s, 1min and 10 min;
• to synchronize manually by setting the time and using the internal
• to activate a NMEA output on serial;
• to activate DCF77 mode (compatible with old Digitech synchronizers).
The main features of MICROSYNC are:
• base times from GPS module using self-synchronization every second
(PPS) with the ZDA protocol;
• internal time base with a temperature compensated oscillator
at ±1 ppm between -20 e +70°C;
• NO output on 4mm banana plug (earth and signal);
• serial output with NO signal on Amphenol socket for connection
• NMEA serial output available on Amphenol socket.
|250g, including batteries
|120 x 65 x 40 mm
|GPS Time base
|GPS module always on with resynchronization on PPS signal (Pulse Per Second) every second. Synchronization signal precision ±1 μs
|Internal time base
|12.8 MHz oscillator, stability ±1ppm between -20° and +70°C
|Backlit alphanumeric display, 2 lines of 16 characters each • Character size: 5x3 mm
|Internal base precision
|±0.0864 s/day for external temperatures between -20° and +70°C
|-20° / +70°C
|Li-ion internal batteries; functioning also with c.c. 9~20V external power supply
|Built-in smart recharge device
|16-bit C-MOS microprocessor
|Keyboard wiht waterproof cover 1 ON/OFF key 1 ENTER key 2 arrow keys for input and selection of configuration menu
|Output for synchronization on 4mm NO green and black banana plugs (input if the device must be synchronized for only internal base no GPS function) RS 232 serial input/output for connection to REI2 stopwatch and Master Digitech Possibility of using the serial as standard NMEA protocol output Jack power supply input